* “To Russian tyranny, I say the world needs more, not less, American exceptionalism.”–Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
* “We should not allow any disagreement to lead to misunderstandings that needlessly worsen our bilateral economic and financial relationships.”–Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, in her meeting with Chinese Premier Li Qiang.
* “Truly a tragedy for us all.”–How SCOTUS Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson referenced the Court’s ruling striking down affirmative action in college admissions.
* “Affirmative action is an effort to include every aspect of society in the decision-making.”–Andrew Young, the late civil rights activist and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
* “Kevin McCarthy has no control over his conference. The race to the extreme is now running the House of Representatives.”–Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff.
* “The great paradox of American politics today: You can get what you want if you win more elections, but to win more elections you need to ask for less.”–Jonah Goldberg, The Dispatch.
* “When men are elected to Congress, they’re given the presumption of competence. Women have the burden of proof.”–Geraldine Ferraro.
* “Women, families and doctors are the only people who should decide when to have children, not politicians.”–Florida Congresswoman Kathy Castor.
* “Nobody’s free until everybody’s free.”–Fannie Lou Hamer.
* “What we’ve done in our politics is create a situation where we’re electing idiots. I think electing serious people can’t be partisan.”–Former Wyoming Republican Congresswoman Liz Cheney.
* “EVs (electric vehicles) are no longer a niche.”–Coner Sen, Bloomberg.
* “Literature is a way for us to experience the world in a safe place.”–Author Zoraida Cordova.
* “La pluma es la lengua del alma.” (“The pen is the tongue of the soul.”)–Cuban proverb.
* “Sincerity is the secret of success. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.”–George Burns.
* “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving is definitely not for you.”–Comedian Steven Wright.
* “Expanding work-base college alternatives would go a long way toward filling skills shortages, boosting economic opportunity and reducing household debts.”-–Bloomberg Opinion.
* “We are experiencing a legal revolution in Florida in which constitutional values that have been taken for granted are being trashed.”–Howard Simon, former executive director of the ACLU of Florida.
* “I don’t know what’s more embarrassing—(DeSantis’) recent scorecard in the courts or his cratering poll numbers.”—Florida Democratic Chair Nikki Fried.
* “When politicians need to speak of their faith to court votes, they do it.”–Former Florida Republican Congressman David Jolly.
* What a campaign needs to be successful—money, messaging and a new brand, because the Democratic brand in Florida, for better or worse, is a damaged brand.”–Miami-based, Democratic pollster Fernand Amandi.
* “We don’t want to negotiate in the media.”–St. Petersburg Mayor Ken Welch on the ongoing redevelopment plans for Tropicana Field.