* “Character is destiny.”–Greek philosopher Hericlitus.
* “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”–Saul Alinsky.
* “No matter how the international situation evolves, China will work with Ukraine to advance mutually beneficial cooperation.”–Chinese Foreign Ministry statement.
* “It’s with great hope that I declare COVID-19 over as a global health emergency.”–WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
* “Vaccines are the most rigorously tested medicine on the planet.”–Shetal Shah, M.D., chairman of the national Pediatric Policy Council.
* “Three chords and the truth—that’s what a country song is.”–Willie Nelson.
* “Civics and history are the foundations of an informed and engaged public. And the signs are unmistakable that those foundations are crumbling.”–St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
* “This is an earthquake at Fox News.”–Frank Cesno, former CNN White House correspondent and bureau chief, on news of the Dominion settlement and *ucker Carlson’s firing.
* “Compromise is not necessary in our politics, but it is in governing.”–Former Florida Republican Congressman David Jolly.
* “Forgive your enemies but never forget their names.”–John F. Kennedy.
* “DeSantis was billed as a less chaotic version of Donald Trump. Instead, he declared thermonuclear war on a cartoon mouse.”–Scott Maxwell, Orlando Sentinel.
* It makes no sense that residents of a donor state should see their (flood-insurance) premiums increase.” Sen. Rick Scott.
* “Whenever people shield their children from the truth, a generation of ignorance is born.”–Florida state Rep. Dianne Hart, D-Tampa.
* “The ‘anti-woke’ platform may play well with Republican base voters. But come the general election in 2024, it’s hard to see combating ‘wokeness’ driving vote choice.”—Rich Thau, The Bulwark.
* “The county (Pinellas) and the city (St. Petersburg) are really working beautifully together. So that’s part of the reason why we’re all optimistic.”–Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg.