* “The time is always right to do what is right.”–Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
* “There are no decisions that are taken for yourself alone, and that’s why a vaccine mandate is the right way to go.”–German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
* “Because every dollar to the Pentagon can be defended as protecting the troops and the nation’s security, no politicians will ever get in trouble for giving too much money to the military.”–Farhad Manjoo, New York Times.
* “The Jan. 6 insurrectionists begging for pardons sound an awful lot like Confederate soldiers.”–Anthony Conwright, Mother Jones.
* “President Biden fancied himself another master of the Senate. Unfortunately, he was thinking about the Senate of 1984. He was supposed to be Mitch McConnell’s equal in senatorial cunning. But, so far, McConnell—the Einstein of obstruction—has been astonishingly successful in ruining Biden’s agenda.”–Maureen Dowd, New York Times.
* “If we have to raise interest rates more over time, we will. We will use our tools to get inflation back (to the 2 percent target).”–Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell.
* “In politics, if someone wins 60 or 70 percent of the vote, they’ve crushed their opponents. But in vaccination, that’s not nearly enough. You have to get to the upper 80s and 90s in percentages to keep people safe, and there just aren’t many ways to get 90-plus percent of people to do anything voluntarily.”–Dr. Richard Pan, a California state senator and pediatrician.
* “All we say to America is: Be true to what you said on paper.”–Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., shortly before he was assassinated in Memphis.
* “When you’re charged with working together for most of the remainder of your life, you have to create a relationship. This is our work family.”–Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
* “Why is it when we talk to God, we’re said to be praying—but when God talks to us, we’re schizophrenic?”–Lily Tomlin.
* “Gasparilla is back. This is the signature event for the entire Tampa Bay area, and it’s an opportunity for our community to come together and celebrate safely.”–Mayor Jane Castor.
* “One board that I think could really use an overhaul of their term limit policy is the Board of County Commissioners. … I think we should seriously have a two-term limit.”–Hillsborough County Commissioner Mariella Smith.
* “This position gives me that opportunity to connect with people and listen to what the needs are, what they are looking for and how we can improve the life of our residents.”–Maribel Garrett, Tampa’s newly-named engagement coordinator and Hispanic liaison.
* “He’s taking community-oriented policing and expanded it into what I call relationship-oriented policing.”–Former St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman, in referring to St. Pete Police Chief Anthony Holloway.