* Ronald Vaughn will be stepping down as the University of Tampa president after nearly 30 years at the helm. Well done, President Vaughn, who presided over the turnaround of a private university that had seen its enrollment and viability plummet.
* The median home sales price in the Tampa Bay area is $389,995—up 3.1 percent from last year.
* Dining with the Cuban ambassador in Tampa: Meeting and talking is not agreeing or scheming. It’s communicating—including with adversaries of far more concern than Cuba.
* TIA numbers are now setting records. More than 90,000 passengers passed through TIA on March 19, according to Transportation Safety Administration data. It was the airport’s single heaviest day of passenger traffic ever.
* Tourism has jumped more than 25 percent in Hillsborough County this year.