* “(MAGA Republicans) promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.”–President Joe Biden.
* If nothing else, here’s hoping that an electoral college reform act gets passed before the House reverts to GOPster-majority priorities.
* Democracies require consensus. That’s the reality. It’s also sobering.
* Thankfully, the demographically-challenged, quirky caucus state of Iowa will no longer be first in line for Democratic presidential primary nominations—starting with the next cycle. It’s been long overdue. Whoever wins the white silo “vote” in a non-representative state should not have skewed, out-of-the-blocks momentum. But, no, the GOP won’t be changing its primary order in a diversity-challenged state that used to be more blue than red.
* “Biden’s political advisers were so petrified of Cuban-American and Venezuelan-American voters in South Florida that for two years they left in place Donald Trump’s failed policy of regime change toward Cuba and Venezuela.”–William LeoGrande, Latin American political specialist at American University.