* “(I would) clean house of all the (Ukrainian) warmongers and AMERICA-LAST globalists.”—Donald Trump projecting his foreign policy priorities should he reclaim the presidency.
* In expectation of his Manhattan arrest, Trump issued a “TAKE OUR NATION BACK!” protest call for his supporters. Alas, there’s a frightful precedent.
* According to former VP Mike Pence, the Trump Administration’s “greatest accomplishment” was installing three Republican Justices on the Supreme Court and overturning Roe v. Wade. And that’s how a philandering, amoral cad gets the hypocritical, evangelical vote.
* At the CPAC gathering, Kari Lake, 53, the Arizona Republican who lost her recent gubernatorial race, won the straw poll for vice president—over Ron DeSantis. Donald Trump won the presidential straw poll. Now speculation is ratcheting up as to whom Trump would really like as a running mate. Reportedly under consideration besides Lake: former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley; Arkansas Gov. Sarah *uckabee Sanders; and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.
* “Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis or Tim Scott will be the Republican nominee for president.” Republican political consultant Alfredo Rodriguez. South Carolina Sen. Scott–from “cotton to Congress”– is the only black Republican in the Senate.