* “With public trust, all things are possible, and without it, nothing is possible.”–Abraham Lincoln.
* “Vladimir Putin will forever be marked as a pariah globally. He has lost all his political credibility around the world.”–Former international prosecutor David Crane, in the aftermath of the International Criminal Court issuing an arrest warrant for Putin for war crimes.
* “He’s not a hero. He’s an anti-hero” who has done his best to “get your sons to Ukraine to die on behalf of his country.”–Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, in criticizing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
* “The consequences of Ukraine in the European Union will be complicated, even explosive. But it will be politically impossible to reject it.”–Thomas Gomart, director of the French Institute of International Relations.
* “China must now help us to put pressure on Russia.”–French President Emmanuel Macron, who will travel to China next month.
* “Let me be clear: Norfolk Southern will pay for cleaning up the mess they created and for the trauma they’ve inflicted on this community.”–EPA Administrator Michael Regan, in reference to the train derailment and chemical burn in East Palestine, Ohio.
* “Democracy requires more of its citizens than any other form of government.”–Former CBS News commentator Eric Sevareid.
* “It’s heart-breaking to see politicians trying to prevent students from learning about history, arts and culture, contributions and experiences of African Americans—especially when Black history is a vital part of our shared American story.”–U.S. Education Secretary Miguel Cardona.
* “I know I hurt a lot of people when I was young. I really messed up. But I know Ron DeSantis has done a lot worse. … He’s put his foot on our necks.”–Among the last words of executed killer Donald Dillbeck.
* “As far as I can see, it’s euthanasia. … Everybody has a death sentence.”–Steven Lorenzo, after being sentenced to death in Tampa.