* Restaurateurs looking for a niche in an ever-growing market might consider this option: Put a premium on dining without a lot of noise. Where the focus is on diners who enjoy dining while conversing with each other–what a concept–not shouting over a loud, however hip, ambiance.
* China is second–to the U.S.–with more than 32,000 people holding wealth exceeding $50 million. Imagine how many it would have were it not a “communist” country. What would Karl Marx say?
* The older you get, the earlier it gets late.
* Living is engaging—not just existing. That’s why it’s said that “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.”
* Missed the 2023 Grammys? So did I.
* “J. Edna Hoover”: Robert F. Kennedy’s nickname for J. Edgar Hoover.
* Shiite happens: An Iranian couple was sentenced to 10 years in jail for public dancing.