* America’s commitment to Ukraine has been underscored by more than weaponry. President Joe Biden’s surprise visit to Kyiv–amid air raid sirens–spoke volumes for continued U.S. support.
* “Watch me.” That’s octogenarian President Joe Biden’s familiar response when asked if he’s still up to the job at his age.
* “Generational arguments can be powerful.” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, 41.
* President Biden’s approval ratings remain frustratingly low. He likely wouldn’t run for re-election if the Dems had a stronger-option bench, including his vice president.
* The January employment report showed an unemployment rate that had fallen to 3.4 percent.
* Consumer prices rose 6.4 percent in January. In December it was 6.5 percent. Last June it was 9.1 percent.
* “Too much is at stake to sit on the sidelines.”–Former Florida commissioner of agriculture Nikki Fried, in announcing that she’ll run for chairperson of the beleaguered Florida Democratic Party.
* Tampa’s Democratic Representative Kathy Castor is now the Ranking Member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Oversight & Investigations Committee.