* If Trump winds up on the 2024 ticket, it means he was never held criminally accountable. Then head’s up as the vindictive former narcissist-in-chief doubles down on Making America Grating. A Trump-Gaetz ticket?
* If Trump runs again—and (actually) wins, he would become the president of Amerika.
* Nobody ultimately looms more important to the House Committee hearings than Attorney General Merrick Garland. He’ll make the call on whether DOJ can and should prosecute Trump. No president—or ex-president—has ever been indicted.
“The Jan. 6 committee shouldn’t be necessary because the proper response and remedy to the attack should have been a rapid impeachment and conviction.”–Jonah Goldberg, Tribune Content Agency.
* “There’s no there there.”–That was the take of Mark Meadows, former Trump chief of staff, on fraud charges that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. Ever notice how often that Gertrude Stein quote is employed?
* “That’s a hill that no federal prosecutor has tried to climb, prosecuting a former president. It’s very fraught. It’s a massive undertaking as an investigation, as a trial, as a national saga and trauma.”—John Q. Barrett, former associate independent counsel in the Iran-Contra investigation.
* “Former presidents who can serve another term always have a special status, at least for the first two years.”–RNC member Ron Kaufman.
* “I’d be shocked if (Trump) doesn’t run. … It’s his primary to lose.”–Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
* Rep. Liz Cheney, among Trumpsters most reviled GOPsters, is scheduled to speak at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library later this month (June 29). Security will be tight. Mike Pence would understand.