* The first book written by a sitting president: “Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation” by Ronald Reagan in 1983.
* “So, will we be out of print (newspapers) sometime in the future? I don’t know the answer to that. … That issue has come upon us. We see it in publications across the country where printing and delivering seven days a week is becoming harder and harder.”–Conan Gallaty, the incoming chairman and CEO of the Tampa Bay Times.
* “It’s deranged, and we’re not playing along.”–Tucker Carlson’s take on why Fox News didn’t carry the prime-time House Select Committee hearing on the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.
* ESPN averaged more than 2 million viewers per game in the Lightning-Rangers series. That’s a 71 percent increase from last year’s Eastern Conference finals.
* Sobering social media reality. One of Meta’s executive positions: the head of DOIP—or the Dangerous Organizations and Individuals Policy.