* “They’re going to listen to your words more than they are to me as president of the United States.” President Joe Biden, in encouraging faith leaders to continue their efforts to promote vaccinations in their communities.
* Expect President Biden’s infrastructure package to include a presidential pledge to set a national standard requiring utilities to produce 100 percent carbon-free electricity by 2035. Expect Joe Manchin to be less than thrilled.
* President Biden’s first face-to-face meeting with a foreign leader will be with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide in Washington later this month. Japan matters; it’s a military ally of the U.S., and its biggest trading partner is China. The president had previous virtual summits with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
* New Defense Department regulations allow transgender people who meet military standards to enlist and serve.
* Early Biden overall approval rating: 61percent.
* Wouldn’t Socialistic Democrat work better as an identifying moniker than “Democratic Socialist”?
* Remember when “trillion”–as in dollars–was a word we rarely saw or needed to reference?