* Sputnik V: The Russian COVID-19 vaccine that countries are now lining up for after the Lancet medical journal showed that it protects against the virus about as well as U.S. and European shots—and far more effectively than Chinese rivals.
* The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered has now surpassed the number of confirmed cases. Recent update: 107.3 million doses and 104.5 million confirmed cases.
* As of Monday, 94,500 people have been vaccinated in Hillsborough County. Miami-Dade leads the state with approximately 200,000 vaccinations. Overall, more than 2 million people in Florida have received the vaccine.
* According to the fitness research firm ClubIntel, 72 percent of fitness clubs are now offering on- demand and livestream group workouts. That’s up from 25 percent in 2019.
* NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has announced that all 32 NFL stadiums will become mass vaccination centers.
* “This isn’t how we should be celebrating the Super Bowl. It’s not safe or smart. It’s stupid. We’re going to take a very close look at this, and it may end up costing someone a lot more than 50 cent.”–St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman, on the crowded, mostly maskless private party in a hangar at Albert Whitted Airport last Friday that featured rapper 50 Cent.