* “In the 20th century, our fates are linked, as is our future.”–Vice President Kamala Harris, at the Paris Peace Forum.
* “The United States and China have no shortage of differences. But on climate, cooperation is the only way to get this job done.”–U.S. special climate envoy John F. Kerry.
* “We have to be as bold as the voters will bear.”–Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla., a member of the House Committee investigating Jan. 6.
* “We can’t go too far left. This is not a center left or a left country. We are a center—if anything, a little center right country.”–West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, further “validating” his swing vote status—and center-stage leverage.
* “If we want to get inflation down, I think continuing to make progress against the pandemic is the most important thing we can do.”–Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.
* “What a disgusting video from a pathetic man.”–Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, referring to Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., who posted an animated video depicting him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and swinging attack swords at President Joe Biden.
* “I have learned that it is possible to become strong at the broken places.”–The late Georgia Sen. Max Cleland—who was a triple-amputee Vietnam vet.
* “An underappreciated aspect of the need for infrastructure investment is population growth.”–Linda Bauer Darr, president and CEO of the American Council of Engineering Companies.
* “The Tampa Bay community stands in solidarity with the Cuban people for human rights, freedom of expression and a better life. Patria y vida to Cuba from Tampa.”–Florida Congresswoman Kathy Castor, D-Tampa.
* “She’s not irreplaceable, because nobody is. But it’s going to be difficult to find somebody who has all the characteristics that Judy Lisi has.”—Bill West, chairman of the Straz Center’s Board of Directors, on the announcement that Straz CEO and president Judy Lisi will be retiring.
* “We’d love it if Tampa could evolve into a real critical mass center of blockchain development. This is a great place to live: I’ve said it for a number of years—why not us.”–Tampa Bay Lightning owner and innovation investor Jeff Vinik.