* “The first to ask is the last to know.”–The response of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 81, to those inquiring about possible plans to leave Congress.
* President Joe Biden has renominated Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell. It’s a critically important reappointment as monetary policy will be a key catalyst in reining in inflation for financial markets and the American public—and reining it in before the mid-term elections.
* “It’s not sustainable for our party to continue to tank in small-town America. We’ve got a branding problem as Democrats in way too many parts of our country.”–Illinois Rep. Cheri Bustos, who led the House Democratic campaign arm in 2020.
* Rep. Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House as well as the Influencer of the Senate when it comes to cajoling Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema on the social policy and climate change package.
* Former President Barack Obama’s Foundation has received a $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos. As part of the gift, Bezos asked for the Plaza at the (under construction) Obama Presidential Center in Chicago be named after the late civil rights icon John Lewis.
* “What is very pressing is the protection of voting rights and combating against gerrymandering. And I believe that if the Senate does not move on that, there’s no amount of material gains that we could deliver that will compensate.”–Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.