* “We welcome you back to planet Earth and thanks for flying SpaceX. For those of you enrolled in our frequent flyer program, you’ve earned 68 million miles on this voyage.”–SpaceX’s Mission Control, moments after the SpaceX Dragon capsule returned four astronauts from the International Space Station.
* “Complex and not without risk.”–How Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, characterized the U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan by Sept. 11.
* “One enduring focus needs to be the recruitment and retention of diverse individuals who as officers are trained to interact with a constituency, and not merely fight the perceived antagonist.”–Former federal prosecutor Michael McAuliffe, now an adjunct law professor at William & Mary College.
* Speaker Nancy Pelosi is now 81. I love saying that out loud, especially at the end of a long and frustrating day. If she can keep going, so can we.”–Connie Schultz, Creators Syndicate.
* “An exciting day for Florida’s economic growth.”–Gov. Ron DeSantis, on the announced relocation–from Chicago to Tampa–of the headquarters of Signode Industrial Group, a transit-packaging company. The move should bring 200 jobs to the area.
* “Lack of transparency breeds suspicion, and suspicion breeds contempt and … leads to more problems than it solves.”–Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri
* “This is a deep purple county that we have painted blue.”–Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren at the Hillsborough Democratic Party’s annual Spring Fling fundraiser.