* “I’m tired of talking about Donald Trump. For four years, all that’s been in the news is Trump. The next four years, I want to make sure all the news is the American people.”–President Joe Biden, speaking for much of America.
* “You have fringes on both ends, but (America’s) not nearly as divided as we make it out to be.”–President Joe Biden.
* “This is not just a council. It’s a plan to take a government-wide approach to gender equity and equality.” That was Julissa Reynoso, who will co-chair the Biden Administration’s Gender Policy Council.
* According to President Biden, vaccines will be available for every American by the end of July.
* Decor matters: The Trump Oval Office was known for featuring a portrait of Andrew Jackson and a bust of Winston Churchill, plus military flags and photos of the former president. The Biden version features paintings of Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR and Daniel Webster; busts of Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, Cesar Chavez, Martin L. King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy; and family photos. “It was important for President Biden to walk into an Oval that looked like America and started to show the landscape of who he is going to be as president,” explained Deputy Director of Oval Office Operations Ashley Williams. BTW, the button on the president’s desk, the one used to summon a Diet Coke, has been removed.