* The NBA has reiterated its “longstanding league policy” to include the national anthem in pre-game activities. The reiteration was prompted by the Dallas Mavericks’ omission of the anthem in their first 11 home games.
* “(Bruce Arians) is such a unique guy, and we have such a unique, strong bond. We get along well. We even argue well.”–Bucs General Manager Jason Licht.
* For USF women’s basketball, this will be a season recalled for its pandemic impact that caused a month-long, mid-season layoff. But it will also be the season where the 12th-ranked Bulls had the longest winning streak—now at 11—in school history.
* He’s back. Tampa’s Tony LaRusa is now the manager of the Chicago White Sox. However this turns out, it won’t affect his Hall of Fame credentials. He’s already been inducted.
* “I would like a chance to redeem myself.”–Dr. Anthony Fauci, on hoping that he gets another ceremonial first pitch opportunity after last season’s errant toss at Washington Nationals Park on opening day.