* Public health consensus: The B.1.17 (UK) variant is almost certain to become the predominant U.S. strain of the COVID virus within about a month. Florida is now considered ground zero in the U.S for the variant. The good news so far is that the “UK variant” seems unlikely to affect the potency of vaccines.
* According to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll, approximately one in three Americans say they definitely or probably won’t get vaccinated. Maybe they haven’t herd of immunity yet. Science can only do so much.
* “We know that most clusters in the school setting have occurred when there are breaches in mask wearing.”–CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.
* More than 8 million Floridians live in ZIP codes without any retail pharmacy that offers the vaccine.
* Since the pandemic began, the city of Tampa has distributed 500,000 masks. Seemingly, very few have made their way to SoHo or Ybor City.