- Based on initial data from a major study, Pfizer Inc. announced that its experimental vaccine was more than 90 percent effective in preventing COVID-19. Pfizer and its German partner, BioNTech SE, are the first drug makers to show successful data from a large-scale clinical trial.
- The U.S. October unemployment rate: 6.9 percent. In September, it was 7.9 percent.
- Publix Super Markets Inc. posted third quarter sales revenue of $11.1. billion—an 18 percent increase from the third quarter of 2019. The Publix numbers reflect a national surge in grocery sales.
- As of last Sunday, there were 2,732 people across Florida hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. About 20 percent—or 597 of those patients—were in Tampa Bay area hospitals.
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson has tested positive for coronavirus—as well as Trump sycophancy.
- How sadly thematic and unsurprising that a new wave of White House coronavirus cases occurs in the aftermath of Trump’s pandemic-plagued loss. This transition will have an all-too-appropriate hazmat look.