- Overall U.S. employment: nearly 11 million below previous level. But the warehousing and storage industry is one of the few sectors whose employment is higher than pre-pandemic.
- Deadman’s curve: “Rounding the corner.” That was the super-spreader-in-chief’s characterization of the pandemic at his socially proximate, mainly maskless, Tampa rally. The day before, the U.S. had set a record of nearly 84,000 confirmed cases.
- According to HART, buses have seen a 60 percent decline in ridership.
- Sunday’s USL championship game between the Tampa Bay Rowdies and Phoenix Rising was canceled dueto the virus.
- Defending Wimbledon champion Simona Halep has tested positive.
- Florida’s average weekly positivity rate: 5.5 percent. Hillsborough County: 6 percent.
- 29,000: the number of families served last holiday season by Metropolitan Ministries. 40,000: the number of families expected to need Metropolitan Ministries this season.