* TIA projects an average of 280 daily (arriving and departing) flights this month. In June, the average was 175. In June 2019, the average was 506 flights per day.
* “There has to be a clear coherent sustained communication, and that has absolutely not happened. We’ve had just the opposite, and now it’s hard to unring a whole series of bells.”–Dr. William Schaffner, infectious diseases specialist at Vanderbilt University.
* According to the Agency for Health Care Administration, about 22 percent of hospital beds are open statewide.
* “There’s just more and more data showing that the use of face coverings and masks are an effective way to prevent transmission.”–Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the CDC.
* The most recent (press time) 24-hour record of new Florida cases reported: 11,445.
* “If the Northeast looks like Europe, the South is starting to look like Brazil.”–Paul Krugman, New York Times.