* Looks like baseball, however truncated, will be back. Among the changes: some on-field rules. One that is an actual improvement: The universal DH. It never made sense to be otherwise. Too bad it took a blindsiding pandemic to prompt the change.
* Other changes: No tobacco, no sunflower seeds, no spitting of any kind, which also improves optics. But, yes, cup adjustments are still allowed.
* One thing about watching (classic) Rays games that I will miss. Whatever the score, whatever the inning when you tune in, you know the Rays will eventually win. I will miss that.
* ESPN’s Buster Olney has dubbed the Rays his World Series favorite.
* “We want the Rays to stay in the Tampa Bay area.”–Mayor Jane Castor.