To this day, and for various reasons, these are still some of my favorite lyrics.
* “She’s so fine, there’s no telling where the money went.”–Robert Palmer.
* “We are the champions, my friends. And we’ll keep on fighting ’til the end.”–Queen.
* “My name is Sue, how do you do?”–Johnny Cash.
* “I’m a man of means by no means, king of the road.”–Roger Miller.
* “And it’s 1, 2, 3 what are we fightin for? Don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn, the next stop is Vietnam.”–Country Joe and The Fish.
* “When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name. No one recognized me, I didn’t look the same.”–Ricky Nelson.
* “I get by with a little help from my friends.”–The Beatles.
* “How does it feel? To be on your own, with no direction home. Like a complete unknown. Like a rolling stone?”–Bob Dylan.
* “But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died.”–Don McLean.
* “Anybody here seen my old friend, Bobby? Can you tell me where he’s gone? I thought I saw him walking up over the hill, with Abraham, Martin and John.”–Dion.
* “Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.”–Simon & Garfunkel.