“A Republic, if you can keep it.”
* “Vaccine or no vaccine, we’re back.”–Alas, there’s no vaccine for uninformed bombast.
* “Mail-in ballots substantially increase the risk of crime and VOTER FRAUD!” Yes, that was none other than the alpha-mail ethicist-in-chief.
* It’s no surprise that Trump, thanks in no small part to his Administration’s halting and confusing response to the coronavirus, has seen his support eroding among older (65-plus) voters. Multiple polls now show Joe Biden with as much as a 10-point advantage over Trump among senior voters. Keep in mind that Trump, according to national exit poll data, won voters over 65 by seven points in 2016.
Since Trump can’t change his narcissistic personality, skewed priorities or chaotic management style during an existential crisis, he needed to do something to encourage older voters to recommit. Plan B? He recently signed a proclamation declaring May to be “Older Americans Month.”
* President Trump has no legal authority to change the timing of the presidential election. But he still has the wherewithal–via his deplorable base, sycophantic GOPsters and hissy-fitting, disaffected progressives–to change history.
* “I totally disagree with (Dr. Anthony Fauci) on schools.”–Dr. Anthony Fauci had cautioned against moving too quickly in sending students back to class. Too bad Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, only has a scientific, public health forum, not a bully pulpit.
* Not every comparison with the Great Depression is applicable for a pandemic. For openers, the only thing America has to fear is Trump himself.
* Hardly surprising that Karl Rove is the political-advice, go-to guru for Trump Campaign manager Brad Parscale.
* Imagine, a “war-time president” missing in action.
* “Obamagate”: The hashtag being feverishly tweeted by Trump that accuses former President Barack Obama of orchestrating his investigation over Russian involvement in the 2016 election. It’s also a reminder that when the nation faces a serious challenge, Trump will self-servingly divert, distort and demonize.