* “Saudi Arabia appreciates Russia’s active role in this region and in the world.”–Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
* “In recent years, the quality of our relations has changed dramatically. We consider Saudi Arabia a friendly nation.”–Russian President Vladimir Putin.
* “It is chaos. The region is in chaos because the hegemonic power does not seem to know what it wants to do, and so nobody else does.”–Michael Stephens, of the Royal United Services Institute in London, on the impact of U.S. policy zigzags on the Mideast.
* “There is a cease-fire or a pause or whatever you want to call it.”–President Donald Trump.
* “It’s not our border.”–Donald Trump.
* “Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool.”–Excerpt from Trump’s letter to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
* “Withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria is a grave strategic mistake.”–Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
* “Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020.”–Donald Trump.
* “When the president does it, that means it’s not illegal.”–Former President Richard Nixon.
* “Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day. That the truth will always matter. That journalism and journalists will thrive. I’m Shepherd Smith, Fox News, New York.”–How Shepherd Smith, a Fox News anchor for more than two decades who had been increasingly tough in his White House coverage, signed off–permanently–two weeks ago.
* “The (impeachment vote) timeline will depend on the truth line.”–House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
* “As Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, he showed us all not only the importance of checks and balances within our democracy, but also the necessity of good people stewarding it.”–Former President Barack Obama, on the death of Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md.
* “There’s an algorithmic bias that inherently benefits hate and negativity and anger.”–Digital strategist Shomik Dutta.
* “Trump’s disparagement of the press has infected not only American society but anti-press forces around the world.”–Margaret Sullivan, Washington Post.
* “I’m not just an overrated general. I’m the most overrated general. I’m honored to be considered that by Donald Trump, because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress. So I guess I’m the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me.”–Former Defense Secretary James Mattis.
* “Ukrainian businessmen don’t give the governor $50,000 because they support his Everglades policy. … This begs further inquiry.”–Former Republican Congressman David Jolly, in reference to the donation to Gov. Ron DeSantis by Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, the Soviet-born businessmen and Rudy Giuliani associates indicted on charges of interfering in U.S. elections.
* “We’re going to be thorough in our investigation, and we will hold accountable any companies that are intentionally targeting and misleading our youth regarding vaping products.”–State Attorney General Ashley Moody, in response to youth vaping rates that have soared–as have cases of lung illnesses tied to the practice.
* “Florida … cannot deny restoration of a felon’s right to vote solely because the felon does not have the financial resources to pay the other financial obligations.”–U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle.
* “This (Hillsborough) is no longer the county we turned red in 2000.”–Republican donor and political adviser Sam Rashid.
* “The most Democratic of Republicans. A hybrid of both parties.”–How Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister describes his politics.
* “That sort of gives me a different perspective. I’m able to look at things from a different angle. And what I hope is to sort of bring the best out of people and help WMNF achieve its goals.”–Rick Fernandes, the new general manager of WMNF, referencing a background that includes working with both nonprofit and for-profit organizations.